Flap barrier gate is also called flap turnstile, flap barrier, or retractable turnstile, which is one of the turnstile gates that is used to control crowds automatically. It allows pedestrians to pass in an orderly manner, and refuse unauthorized persons to enter specific areas. Besides, it can be combined with face recognition, fingerprint readers, QR code scanners, and other access control devices.
Flap barrier gates can be opened and closed quickly, with absolutely no tailgating due to the sensitive photoelectric sensor, in addition, the aesthetic design provides a friendly user experience. Therefore, it is now widely used in airports, subway stations, fitness centers, amusement parks, construction sites, retail stores, schools, office buildings, etc.
2. How does a flap barrier gate work?
Nowadays, in order to improve security and management efficiency, more and more places have installed flap barrier gate access control systems. I believe many people will be curious about how flap barrier gates work?
1. Turn on the power, the system and the machine start self-checking, and enter the working state after the self-checking is completed;
2. The user verifies the user information on the flap barrier (common verification methods include face recognition, fingerprint recognition, IC card, QR code scanning, iris recognition, etc.), and the access control system recognizes the user information. After the data verification is successful, it will send the gate opening signal to its controller;
3. After receiving the opening signal, the main board of the gate will send effective instructions to the direction indicator and the motor after comprehensive processing, so that the direction indicator changes from the red cross state to the green arrow state.At the same time, the motor is running, the limit switch controls the rotation angle of the motor to open the flap barrier, allowing the user to pass;
4. After the user passes according to the direction of the indicator light, the infrared sensor detects the process of the user passing through the wing gate, and sends a signal to close the gate. If the user fails to pass the gate after timeout, the gate will also be closed automatically;
5. When the infrared sensor detects that the user enters the channel without data verification, it will automatically alarm until no tourists are detected, and then scan the code/tap card/recognition face to pass the channel.
3. Precautions for use and daily maintenance of flap barrier gate
1. During the card reading (recognizing face, fingerprint, etc.) of the pedestrian passage gate, it is strictly forbidden for passers-by to push the acrylic panels forcefully before the pass indicator turns green, so as not to affect the normal operation of the device.
2. When the Flap barrier gate is not in use, it is strictly forbidden to lean on the acrylic panels to avoid damage to the equipment.
3. Do not use the equipment directly in the open air or in a humid or corrosive environment, so as not to affect the service life of the equipment due to rain, moisture or corrosion.
When the equipment is used outdoors, a canopy should be added.
4. When passing through the pedestrian gate, passers-by should pass as soon as possible and not stay in the working area of the gate.
5. When the turnstile is powered off, people must not be in the working area of the turnstile and suddenly turn on the power and swing their arms to hurt people.
6. Please do not use the gate when there is lightning in the outdoor gate to prevent damage to the gate.
7. Pedestrian passage gates should ensure that the protection ground wire of the system is reliably connected to prevent accidents such as personal safety damage.
8. The outer casing of the gate equipment is made of matt stainless steel. It is necessary to scrub the outer surface with a soft fabric frequently to keep it clean and bright. Do not scrub the outer surface with hard objects to avoid scratches and affect the appearance. At the same time, washing with water should be prohibited to avoid short circuit of the electric control system. and damage the equipment.
9. Regularly check the connection of various parts of the flap barrier gate. If loose nuts, screws and other fasteners are found, they should be tightened in time to avoid malfunctions caused by long-term operation.
10. Regularly check the connection of the system protective ground wire to ensure its reliable access.
11. Regularly check the connectors and wiring points of the connection lines to ensure reliable connections. 12. Regularly clean the dust inside and outside the chassis, and add lubricating oil to the mechanism to keep it running smoothly.
4. Benefits of adding flap barrier gates to your building security system
With the vigorous development of high technology, intelligent management has now entered people's social life, and intelligent buildings are rising from the ground. The flow of people is large, the personnel are complex, the efficiency of relying on security management is low, and the labor cost is high. In line with the needs of the development of the times, the flap barrier gate access control system came into being. So what are the benefits of adding wing gates to a building?
1. A variety of intelligent management modes to reduce labor costs
Flap barrier gate combines the access control system to realize the function of access control management. For residential buildings, it can eliminate strangers and ensure the safety of the owners. At the same time, it can provide visitor management, and provide a variety of visitor modes such as one-time effective and valid, so that friends or relatives of the owner can visit and provide a good user experience.
Flap barrier gate can also be combined with the attendance system, which can help companies, stores, and group buildings to effectively manage employees' clocking in and out of get off work.
Flap barrier gate can also be combined with the member management system, which can help restaurants, gyms, unmanned supermarkets and other occasions to effectively manage members and non-members.
2. Compatible with various authentication systems to ensure building security
Flap barrier gate integrates mechanical, electronic, microprocessor control and different identification technologies, and can be compatible with IC cards, ID cards, barcode cards, fingerprint identification, face identification, ID cards and other verification methods. Identity recognition system equipment to meet the needs of different occasions.
3. Powerful functions - fast traffic, anti-tailing, anti-pinch, to ensure user safety
Whether it is a residential apartment or a commercial building, the traffic volume is very large every day. The flap barrier gate can meet the various traffic needs of one person per card and multiple people per card. The opening and closing time of the wings is short and the response is sensitive.
Multiple sets of photoelectric sensors can detect whether someone enters/leaves the passage in real time, preventing users from being pinched, and preventing unauthorized users from following entry, ensuring the safety of the building.
4. Improve the image of the building
Flap barrier gate has multiple appearance designs, as well as different color lighting instructions, the overall shape is fashionable and dynamic, and adapts to the user's aesthetic requirements. The color is more acceptable for customization, and it can complement the logo of the building/enterprise and complement each other.
5. Where can I get an ideal solution of the flap barrier control system?
In the past 12 years, Macrosafe has provided more than 10,000 units of turnstile gates to as many as 60+ countries and regions around the world, we always care about the needs of our customers and are committed to providing customers with customized solutions for turnstile gates.
The values that we define for ourselves today will make security more intelligent. Macorsafe has always required itself to be based on European craft standards, with core technologies developed by itself, and selects industry-leading brand accessories. Whether it is a small order or a large project, quality is always the first principle, even if it is cheap styles, customers can always find the most suitable solution. Now welcome to contact us for a free proposal!
If your budget is limited and you are looking for an entry-level flap barrier gate, the MS01Y is undoubtedly your best choice. With a favorable price, simple installation and use, it is a very friendly product for beginners.
Semi-circular front and rear design, much more slender cabinets with a smaller footprint, color-changing LED indicators and it allows a high throughput of 40-45 people per second. Are these reasons not enough to make MS03Y one of the most popular flap barrier gates?
Are you concerned about unauthorized users climbing over turnstiles? The MS05S can help you solve this problem, and the glass up to 1.6 meters can absolutely prevent climbing. MS05S uses the latest servo motor drive scheme, and strengthens the thickened structure to ensure smooth and smooth operation even in commercial buildings, factories, gyms and other public places.
When you are tired of the flap barrier gate styles on the market and are looking for a unique design, then you must not miss MS04Y. The black acrylic on the front and rear add a sense of mystery, and there are flowing green arrow indicators on it to give users intuitive instructions. With a brushless motor drive solution, the MS04Y flap barrier gate provides 8 million service life. Moreover, the waterproof structure design of the whole machine means that it can be used indoors and outdoors.
7. How to prevent the flap barrier gate from pinching people?
1. Use flexible materials as baffles Flap barrier gate, commonly known as fastlane, opens and closes quickly and has a small contact area when clipping people. After the flexible material is used, even if people are clamped, the door leaf will shrink to a certain extent to ensure that the force will not be too great.
2. Multi-point optical detection Install multiple pairs of optical sensors in the upper and lower areas of the aisle to immediately stop the door closing when someone is detected in the aisle. This is what we often call infrared anti-pinch, especially for places where children come and go, such as schools and playgrounds Etc., the anti-pinch infrared must be increased and distributed reasonably.
3. Design of tripping mechanism If the user stays in the channel, the flap barrier gate will give a voice alarm to prompt the user to exit. When the shutter encounters an obstacle on the way of closing the door, the acylic panels mechanism automatically trips and stops the closing action. This is mechanical anti-pinch. Macrosafe's upgraded flap barrier gates all have mechanical anti-pinch to further protect user safety. Combined with infrared anti-pinch, double protection is achieved.
8. How to install a flap barrier gate?
Some new users want to install flap barrier gates for their own buildings or clients, since they have not used the product before, so they may worry about whether the installation is very complicated and whether a professional technician is needed to debug the turnstile? In fact, everyone can install Macrosafe flap barrier gates, because almost all wiring has been completed before delivery, after receiving the goods, the user only needs to place the gate according to the drawing, and connect the connection cable and power cable and it is done. In addition, Macrosafe has a professional technical service team to provide customers with 24+7 services. The installation of the wing gate is divided into three steps, determining the position, pre-embedding the cable, and wiring the controller. The following is the detailed description:
Step #1: Determine the installation position of the wing gate 1. Place the turnstiles in order according to the arrows and numbers on the top cover of the turnstiles;
2. First, connect the power supply of the two flap barrier gates to make the acrylic panels run to the off state, then align the acrylic shutters of the two flap barrier gates so that the acrylic shutters are on the same line, the distance between them is generally 3CM to 5CM;
2. Need to test whether the infrared is aligned;
3. After determining the installation position of the wing gate, mark on the ground with a pen at the center of the screw hole of the base and the edge of the chassis base; 4. Then remove the case, and use a drill to drill vertically on the marked screw holes. The size and depth should meet the requirements of expansion screws (usually 9cm long M12 expansion screws are used).
Step #2:. Cable pre-buried 1. On the ground between the two gates, delineate the position to be slotted and buried, and then excavate the cable trench;
2. Put a suitable wiring pipe (usually PVC pipe) in the dug line trench, and pass through the power cord and connection line required by the equipment. It is recommended to separate the strong and weak cables into two pipes;
3. Only one three core cable is required between the two turnstiles;
4. After all the lines are laid out, move the device to its original position, drive in the expansion screws and fasten the screws.
Step #3: Controller wiring 1. Connect the power cable of the equipment according to the wiring diagram provided by our company;
2. If the equipment needs to be equipped with other access control systems (such as facial recognition camera, fingerprint readers, ticketing system, etc.), the output signal line of the access control system needs to be connected to turnstile controller LR-R, LP-L and GND;
3. Connect the pre-buried three-core cable to the master controller and slave controller to complete all wiring work.
4. Then turn on the power, flap barrier gate will start self-test, and it can work after the test is completed.
9. Critical factors to consider when investing in flap barrier gates
Are you looking to make an investment in flap barrier gates for your business or property? Investing in the right type of security solution is essential for protecting your premises, personnel, and inventory. While selecting the best style of automatic gate has many benefits that can improve operational efficiency, increase security levels, and streamline access control systems, it is important to consider several factors before making a final decision. In this blog post we will examine some of the critical considerations when investing in flap barrier gates so that you know exactly what to look out for before committing any budget or resources into purchasing or installing them.
Mechanism is the heart of the flap barrier gate and the primary factor affecting the price of the gate. Mechanism is also related to the speed and quality of the entire gate operation. The price of imported movements is relatively high, and the price of domestic movements is lower than that of imported movements. Macrosafe uses movements imported from Germany, which work more smoothly and without noise. It is more suitable for places that require quiet and smooth operation.
2. Appearance design
Flap barrier gate is a turnstile gate with high appearance plasticity. There are many materials that can be used for the appearance, such as stainless steel, iron spraying, acrylic, etc. There are also many materials that can be used for the shell of the Flap barrier gate. The common materials are stainless steel and acrylic. , PVC, etc. The price of different materials is of course not the same, we can choose the appropriate material according to the customer's budget.
3. Infrared quantity
Infrared sensors are used to detect objects in the channel, and are used to detect unwanted behaviors such as illegal intrusion, tailgating, and retrograde. The number of infrared beams directly affects the security, flexibility and sensitivity of the turnstile. Most turnstile suppliers use 3-4 pairs, but our company chooses more than 6-8 pairs, which can feel and convey information immediately within the passer-by's entry range, which is safer and more convenient.
Manufacturers of high-end turnstile gates have taken the safe operation of turnstiles as the primary task in the production of turnstiles. For example, increasing the number of infrared sensors and adding anti-pinch strips can effectively reduce the occurrence of people being caught and injured by the turnstile, and reduce the danger in the use of the turnstile.
One-way and two-way traffic, whether there is a card reader, face recognition readers, fingerprint recognition and other systems, and later scalability all affect the cost of flap barrier gates.