1. What Is A Speed Gate?
2. How Do Speed Gates Works?
3. How Much Does Speed Gate Cost?
4. Where Can You Buy Speed Gates?
5. How to Install Speed Gates?
6. Key Benefits of Implementing Speed Gates in Your Facility
7. What maintenance do speed gates require, and how often should it be performed?
8. How are speed gates designed to prevent injuries to users, such as accidental entrapment?
What Is A Speed Gate?
A speed gate, also known as a speed lane, glass turnstile or swing gate, is a type of access control device that is designed to manage the flow of people traffic in and out of a particular area.
Speed gates are typically used in high-traffic areas such as airports, train stations, and office buildings to improve security and manage large crowds. Speed gates are characterized by their ability to allow only one person at a time to pass through, preventing unauthorized access and helping to maintain order.
They come equipped with sensors that detect the presence of a person and can be configured in a variety of ways to suit the specific needs of different environments.
With the growing emphasis on safety and security in public spaces, speed gates have become an increasingly popular way to control pedestrian traffic and ensure the safety of those inside.
How Do Speed Gates Works?
Speed gates are automated gates designed to control entry into restricted areas, such as offices, metro stations or airports. They work by using sensors to detect the presence of a person and then allowing access through the gate.
There are several types of speed gates available, including flap speed gates, swing speed gates, and sliding speed gates. Flap speed gates have a pair of "arms" that swing open when a person approaches, allowing them to pass through. Swing speed gates work similarly but have a single "barrier" that swings open. Sliding speed gates have panels that slide to one side to allow access.
Most speed gates use an access control system to allow only authorized individuals to pass through. This can include a key card or other electronic access device that is scanned or swiped to activate the gate.
Overall, speed gates are an effective way to control access to a restricted area while also providing a quick and convenient way for authorized individuals to enter and exit.
How Much Does Speed Gate Cost?
The cost of a speed gate varies widely depending on the specific product and its features. Some of the factors that can impact the price of a speed gate include the size, the materials, security level and access control features incorporated, and the brand.
On the lower end of the price range, you can find basic speed gates for around $800-$2,000.However, high-end models with advanced security features and more sophisticated design can cost upwards of $5,000. It is important to carefully evaluate your needs and budget when considering the purchase of a speed gate to ensure that you are investing in a quality product that meets your requirements.
Where Can You Buy Speed Gates?
Macrosafe is a leading manufacturer and exporter of high-quality speed gates and turnstile gates for businesses across a range of industries. You can buy our speed gates directly from us by contacting our sales team or by submitting a request for a quote on our website.
We are also represented by a network of authorized resellers and integrators worldwide, who can provide local support and installation services. To find an authorized reseller or integrator near you, please visit our website or contact us for assistance.
How to Install Speed Gates?
Here is a quick guide on how to install a speed gate:
1. Prepare Tools--Before you begin installation, ensure that you have all the necessary tools and equipment, including the speed gate itself, screws, drill, and a spirit level.
2.Select Location--Begin by selecting the location where you want to install the speed gate. Consider the space available and ensure that there is enough room for the gate to open and close.
3.Select LocationLevel the Floor--Use the spirit level to ensure that the floor is level. If it is not level, you may need to make some adjustments before proceeding.
4.Drill holes--Use the drill to make holes in the floor where the speed gate will be installed. The number of holes will depend on the design of the gate.
5.Wiring--Dig out wire slots on the ground for wiring synchronization cables and power cables. (Refer to the manual for details)
6.Fix Speed Gates--Next, Fix the speed gates in place by screwing it into the floor. Ensure that it is level and secure.
7.Power Up & Test--Finally, connect the sync cables and power up the speed gate. Then you can test the speed gate to ensure that it opens and closes smoothly.
That's it! Your speed gate is now installed and ready for use.
Key Benefits of Implementing Speed Gates in Your Facility
Security has always been a top priority for businesses and organizations of all kinds. Business owners, managers, and decision-makers often ask themselves, “What can we do to better secure our facility and the people who visit and work in it?” Well, one option that should be seriously considered is speed gates. Speed gates are a highly effective security tool that can help improve overall facility security while also providing a number of other valuable benefits. In this article, we will look at some of the key benefits of implementing speed gates in your facility.s
1. Improved Security
Speed gates are designed to provide superior security by controlling access into and out of a facility. Only authorized personnel are allowed to pass through them, and they can be easily programmed to allow access only to specific individuals, based on their job title, security clearance, or any other criteria. This helps to reduce the risk of unauthorized entry and keeps your facility’s sensitive areas protected.
2. Increased Efficiency
Speed gates are designed to be highly efficient and can process a large number of people at any given time. They are quicker than traditional access control methods, such as manned security stations or turnstiles. They can handle up to 45-55 people per minute, which can be especially beneficial during busy periods.
3. Enhanced Visitor Experience
Speed gates can provide a positive experience for visitors to your facility. They are easy to use, and visitors can quickly and easily navigate through them without the need for additional staff assistance. This saves time and improves the overall visitor experience, leaving them with a positive impression of your business or organization.
4. Improved Monitoring and Reporting
Speed gates can also provide valuable monitoring and reporting capabilities. They can track who is entering and exiting your facility, how long they stay, and where they go while they are in your facility. This information can help you better understand how your facility is being used and make more informed decisions about how to allocate resources.
5. Customizable Design
Speed gates come in various designs and styles, and can be tailored to fit the specific needs of your facility. No matter you are looking for a sleek, modern design or a more traditional look and feel, speed gates can be customized to meet your requirements.
Overall, speed gates provide an effective and efficient solution for securing your facility and controlling access to sensitive areas. They offer a range of benefits, including improved security, increased efficiency, enhanced visitor experience, improved monitoring and reporting, and customizable design. If you are looking for a way to improve your facility’s security, implementing speed gates should be a top consideration.
What maintenance do speed gates require, and how often should it be performed?
Like any mechanical system, speed gates require regular maintenance to ensure optimal performance and extend their lifespan.
There are several maintenance tasks that should be performed regularly on speed gates. These include:
1. Cleaning the exterior surface of the speed gate: This should be done regularly to remove dirt, dust, and other debris from the speed gate's surface. This will help to reduce the risk of damage to the speed gate and keep it looking good.
2. Lubricating moving parts: The moving parts of the speed gate should be lubricated regularly to ensure smooth operation. This will help to prevent wear and tear on the components and extend the lifespan of the speed gate.
3. Checking the sensors: The sensors of the speed gate should be properly calibrated to ensure accurate detection of users. Any problems with the sensors should be identified and fixed promptly.
4. Reviewing the software: The software that controls the speed gate should be reviewed periodically to ensure that it is operating correctly and that all updates have been installed.
A maintenance schedule for speed gates should be established and followed according to the manufacturer's instructions. Maintenance should be performed more frequently in high-traffic areas or where the environment is particularly harsh and could cause damage to the unit. It is advisable to have a professional maintenance technician perform a thorough check at least twice a year. Regular and proper care will ensure the speed gate works optimally, provides reliable service for a longer period, and reduces the risk of malfunction or failure that could result in accidents or security breaches.
How are speed gates designed to prevent injuries to users, such as accidental entrapment?
Speed gates are designed to prevent injuries to users through several safety features. Here are some of the ways speed gates are engineered for user safety:
1. Anti-entrapment sensors: Speed gates have sensors that detect if a person is passing through the gate and will immediately stop moving if an obstruction is detected. This prevents accidental entrapment.
2. Safety edges: Some speed gates are equipped with safety edges, which are bumpers that retract the gate when it encounters an object or person, and prevent the gate from crushing them.
3. Low-energy mode: When activated, some speed gates can operate at a slower speed, reducing the risk of injury in case of accidental entrapment.
4. Clearances: Speed gates are designed with specific clearance dimensions to ensure that users are not trapped or pinched upon entry or exit.
5. Safety warnings: Speed gates should display safety warnings and instructions for users to follow, such as not touching the gate while it is in operation.
By implementing these safety features, speed gates are designed to help prevent user injuries and provide a safe and efficient way to control access to secure areas.
How much is a turnstile gate? | Best Buying Guide
What is the ESD access control system?
Top 5 Tripod Turnstiles in 2023 | Turnstile Buying Guide
Why turnstiles are perfect access control solutions for gyms?
TOP 5 Most Popular Flap Barrier Gates for Entrance Control
Compared with ordinary turnstiles, what are the advantages of glass turnstiles?
What are the types of half-height turnstiles?
Top 9 Benefits of Turnstile Barrier Gate for Your Business
8 Tips For Choosing Best Swing Barriers in 2023
Biometric Turnstile: A Beginner's Guide (2023)